The Veterans Service Commission of Summit County provides transportation to and from the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center, Wade Park Campus on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. All clients that are able to arrive at the agency by their own means are eligible for this transportation service. Priority is given to those veterans, who have scheduled in advance and have a legitimate medical appointment or emergency.
Because space is limited, we must follow specific policies administered by our Board of Commissioners. We ask that veterans in need of transportation adhere to the following guidelines.
- Call in advance or stop in to secure space on the van (330) 643-2830.
- Have proof of a medical appointment.
- Arrive at the VSC on time between 6:00 to 6:15 am.
- The van will leave Wade Park VA medical facility no later then 12:45 p.m. All appointments should be completed in this available time frame, if this is not possible, please contact the driver for further instructions.
- The driver will designate where and when to meet him, and any additional expectations of the riders. Failure to comply with the driver's instructions can result in loss of transportation privileges.
- Do not arrive impaired by alcohol or drugs. (You will be turned away.)
- Understand that even though you call in advance to secure space for a family member to be with you, a veteran with an appointment or emergency has priority.
- Although we will try to accommodate all that arrive, our van is not handicap accessible. Clients must be able to enter and exit the van on their own ability. Veterans needing handicapped accommodations should contact VSC to make further arrangements.
- When the van is filled to capacity, there will be limited room for carry on items. We ask that all items brought with you be necessary and appropriate for the length of your stay at the hospital.
- We do not provide "curbside service". All riders must be able to reach the agency by their own means.
- The vehicle and staff at our agency do not provide ambulatory services. Clients using our services need to be in a stable, non-life threatening condition.