Military Records for Veterans

Additional Services – Military Records

National Records Archive

If you are in need of military service records, medical records, or service medals, we are able to request these items from the National Personnel Records Center, located in St. Louis, Missouri.

If you are the veteran, we will need the following information;

  • Branch of service
  • Full name shown on DD214/Discharge
  • Full social security number
  • Date of birth
  • City and state born in
  • Month(s) and year(s) discharged

If multiple branches and discharge dates, each is needed.

If the veteran is deceased, you will also need these items in addition to the above items;

  • Death certificate, or copy of, deceased veteran
  • If you are not the surviving widow, or survivor listed on the death certificate then written proof of familial relationship (next of kin) to the veteran must be shown (e.g., birth certificate showing veteran as father of requestor.)

Ohio Department of Veterans Services (ODVS)

If the Veteran received an Ohio State Wartime Veteran’s Bonus, joined the military service from the state of Ohio and served during wartime, or is a recent Gulf War, Operation Enduring Freedom, or Operation Iraqi Freedom veteran, we can also send a request to the Governor’s Office of Veteran’s Affairs to see if they have the DD214/Discharge recorded. If it has been recorded there, it could mean the difference between weeks or days of getting the information you need.

For more information, you can contact us at 330-643-2830 or email us by clicking here.