The Veterans Service Commission provides transportation to and from VA medical facilities and the Sandusky Ohio Veterans Home, Monday through Friday. Eligible veterans must schedule with the VSC in advance to secure transportation from pickup points at the VSC, Akron VA Clinic, Metro Transit Center or request special arrangements. Veterans who schedule in advance and have a medical appointment/emergency receive priority.
Space is limited, so please:
- Call 330-643-2830, complete this form or stop in to secure a spot.
- Arrive at the requested pickup location prior to the required time on the day of the appointment.
- Have proof of a medical appointment.
- Do not arrive impaired by alcohol or drugs. You will be turned away.
- Understand that despite calling in advance to secure space for a family member to join you, a veteran with an appointment or emergency has priority.
- The vehicle and VSC staff do not provide ambulatory services. Clients using our services need to be in a stable, non-life threatening to secure a spot. In an emergency, Dial 911
For more information, you can contact us at 330-643-2830 or email us by clicking here.