Edward Carter Jr in front of an American flag
The Fascinating Service of Edward Carter, Jr.
March 9, 2021
Exterior photo of the VSC headquarters in Akron, OH
COVID-19 Operating and Visitation Protocols
March 9, 2021

Disability Housing Grants for Veterans

House with a wheelchair ramp to the front door

The VA offers housing grants for Veterans and military members with qualifying service-connected disabilities to help them buy new homes or modify existing homes to better meet their needs for independent living. To qualify, you must own, or will own, a home and have a qualifying service-connected disability. Qualifying service-connected disabilities include:

  • The loss, or loss of use, of more than one limb
  • The loss, or loss of use, of a lower leg along with the lasting effects of a natural disease or injury
  • Blindness in both eyes (with 20/200 visual acuity or less)
  • Certain severe burns
  • The loss, or loss of use, of one lower extremity after Sept. 11, 2001, which makes it impossible to balance or walk without the help of braces, crutches, canes, or a wheelchair

If you think you might qualify, click here to learn more about the application process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *